A very subtle word change in a widely distributed patient handout may have major political implications. The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a major advocacy group of women’s health care physicians, quietly replaced Patient Handout #156, entitled “How Your Baby Grows During Pregnancy,” with a new version replacing the word “baby” with “fetus.”…
1. G. Marchand MD, A. Citrin DO: MEDUSA PROTOCOL – Minimising the blood loss and Maximising the efficacy of Oxytocin Sensitive Dilation and Curettage procedures, Austrailian Royal College RANZCOG Annual Scientific Meeting, Perth, Australia, October 2016.
2. G. Marchand MD, W Kutteh MD: Patient Selection Criteria for Outpatient Myomecctomy via Mini-laparotomy, 2009 ACOG: The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Poster Sessions, Tuesday May 5, 2009, Chicago IL
3. G. Marchand MD, D. Butawan MD: Cost-Effective, Outpatient-Safe, Minilaparotomy Myomectomy, 2011 ACOG: the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Poster Sessions, Tuesday May 2, 2011, Washington, DC
5. G. Marchand MD, R. Demir MD: Laparoscopic cervical cerclage in 18-weeks pregnant uterus. British International Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecology, June 2010, Belfast, U.K.
6. G. Marchand MD, R. Demir MD: Laparoscopic cervical cerclage in 18-weeks pregnant uterus. Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, September 2010, New York.
7. G. Marchand MD, R. Demir MD: Laprascopic Supracervical Hysterectomy and Vagino-Cervico-Sacropexy. Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, September 2011, Los Angeles.
8. G. Marchand MD, R. Demir MD: Laparoscopic Hysterectomy and Vaginal Morcellation. Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, September 2011 Los Angeles.
9. G. Marchand MD, R. Demir MD: Outcome of 783 Consecutive Hysterectomies for Benign Indication-Likelihood of Competing a Minimally invasive Hysterectomy Based on Patient’s Body Mass Index. American College of Surgeons, October 2011, San Francisco.
10. G. Marchand MD, R. Demir MD: Unnecessary Laparotomy Avoidance-Outcome of 257 Consecutive Adnexal Masses of 8-13cm on Pre-Operative Ultrasound Treated with laparoscopic Adnexectomy, Bagging and Colpotomy. AAGI, November 2011 Hollywood, FL.
11. G. Marchand MD, R. Demir MD: Laparoscopic Unilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Bagging & Vaginal Morcellation. AAGI, November 2011, Hollywood, FL.
13. G. Marchand MD, R. Demir MD: Effect of Improved Vaginal Manipulator on Laparoscopic Sacrocolpopexy. AAGI, November 2012, Las Vegas, NV, Paper presented at meeting.
14. G. Marchand MD, R. Demir MD: Improved Vaginal Manipulator for Laparoscopic Sacrocolpopexy. AAGI, November 2012, Las Vegas, NV, video presented at meeting..
15. G. Marchand MD, R. Demir MD: Irrelevance of Traditional De-Selectors for Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy. Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, October 2012, Boston. Paper presented at meeting.
16. Marchand MD, K. Sainz MS1: Laparoscopic Single Port Hysterectomy through a blunt 12mm Trochar – Testing the limits of Minimally Invasive Surgery, RCOG World Congress 2015, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, April 2015.
17. G. Marchand MD, L. Rials MS1: Marchand Salpingectomy Technique Video – A 5 minute Ultra Minimally Invasive Technique for permanent Sterilization and Ovarian Cancer Risk Reduction. Presented at Congress. RCOG World Congress 2017, Cape Town, South Africa, from 20 – 22 March 2017.
18. G. Marchand MD, K. Sainz MS3: “A Five Minute Procedure That Decreases the Risk of Ovarian Cancer for a Lifetime“ Presented Tuesday, October 24, 2017, at the American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress 2017, San Diego, CA.
19. G. Marchand MD, R. Pile MS1: Successful Complete Laparoscopic Staging of Ovarian Cancer in a Patient with a 17cm Malignant Ovarian Tumor. Accepted for Presentation (Day 2), “Best Practice & Research in Obstetrics & Gynecology,” 4th International Conference on Gynecology & Obstetrics, October 8-10, 2017 Valencia, Spain